Coach Fernando is a former Division 1 college player in the late 1990s, having played #1 at both singles and doubles. He competed on the ATP tour soon after completing his college years and achieved a high ATP world ranking of #807. He cut short his playing career and took on coaching full time on the Tour.
With over 20 years coaching on the ITF, WTA and ATP tour, coach Fernando had worked with many players at several ATP events and Grand Slams such as Wimbledon and Roland Garros. His career highlights were 3 players in the top 150 ATP and 1 player in the top 80 WTA.
In recent years, he worked with some of the top Brazilian professional players and national junior players. Throughout his career, he prepared over 50 players for high-level college tennis and the pro circuit.
We are excited to have coach Fernando join our academy, he is bringing tremendous experience to our coaching team. He helps with designing and enhancing our High Performance program, which consists of top ranked USTA Juniors, College players as well as ITF pro players.
Experience & Professional Players (coached)
- High Performance Tour coach at NorCal Tennis Academy
- Coached at 7 grand slam event, Wimbledon and Roland Garros
- Coached in over 80 ATP and WTA tour events
- Coached André Ghem from an ATP ranking of 270 to 118 -in June 2015
- Developed over a dozen of players in the top 300 ATP and WTA ranking.
- Coached Tennis at Clubs in Brazil and Germany
- Earned full scholarship for D1 College, played #1 in singles and doubles
- In Junior, Top 5 ranked Junior in the 14s, 16s and 18s -in his home state in Brazil.